Sunday, May 6, 2007

Refugio to El Capitan




Paula is way into going on hikes and she always talks about how exciting they are. I've always wanted to go with her but never had the opportunity. I called her with the idea of going to the beach and she had the idea of going on a hike. So we went on at hike at the beach! We drove to Santa Barbara and went on a hike from Refugio Beach to El Capitan Beach. In all it was about a 5 mile hike. Actually not just a 5 mile hike, it was an amazingly beautiful, breathtaking hike. We were up on the cliffs and could just see the ocean for miles. We even saw a seal that we named George and a sea otter we name Luke. Walking on parts of the beach were amazing. It was all the beauty God created for us to enjoy but I've never experienced it. Huge rocks that must have been there for hundreds of years never looked so beautiful to me. Once we got to our destination, El Capitan, we climbed on top of the lifeguard tower where it was clearly marked, "KEEP OFF!" and ate lunch and fed the birds. Even though we were sunburned, fatigue and sore it was worth every bit of it! Thank you Jesus for the beauty you have created!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww, Amanders- that sounds like such an awesome day! I can just imagine the views you talked about. Ok, I'm inspired to finally write a blog. Now for pictures- shoot, the batteries are still dead and need to be charged!

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun! I didn't get the memo that you were a blogger...but I hunted you down from the comment on Meg's page. YAY! Another blog to read!

Lisa said...

I'm so jealous. I've never even been on a hike with my own sister.

Anonymous said...

I'm about to give up on your blog. It feels neglected you need to update it!